Opening a business account at Neighbors is simple, secure, quick, and convenient!
You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Resident Alien.
Continue or check the status of an application that you previously saved
For your protection, the system will automatically log you off if there is no activity for 30 minutes. All information will be lost if this occurs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to become a NFCU Member?
To apply online:
- You must be 18 or over. Applicants under the age 18 must have a parent or a legal guardian as a joint owner.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Resident Alien.
- You live, work, worship, or attend school in the one of the following communities:
- You belong to one of the following associations:
- Louisiana Wildlife Federation
- Mental Health Association of Greater BR
- Southern University Alumni Federation
- You are a family member of a current NFCU member.
Will NFCU check my credit when I apply for an account online?
Yes. To open an account online, you must authorize NFCU to obtain a credit report for credit review and evaluation purposes.
Who do I contact with questions regarding my application?
You may contact our Contact Center at 225-819-2178, Monday thru Friday 8:00am-5:30pm.
How do I fund the business's new account?
Below is the list of ways you can fund the new account:
- By electronic check (also known as ACH) up to $10,000.
- By credit or debit card using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express up to $250.
- By check or cash at a local branch.
- By mailing a check to Neighbors FCU, P.O. Box 2831, Baton Rouge, LA 70821.
IMPORTANT ACCOUNT OPENING INFORMATION:
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.